45th Nutrition Month July 2019
The National Nutrition Council released its publication dubbed as the “2019 Nutrition Month Talking Points.” This reading material contains essential topics about Nutrition Month and related -topics to it.
The following contents are stated in order:
1. What is Nutrition Month?
2. What is the theme of the 2019 Nutrition Month?
3. What are the objectives of the 2019 Nutrition Month?
4. What is the rationale for promoting nutrition and physical activity?
5. What are the key messages of Nutrition Month?
6. What is physical activity?
7. What is physical inactivity and sedentary behavior?
8. What are the benefits of physical activity?
9. What are the consequences of physical inactivity?
10. What is a healthy diet?
11. What is the relationship among physical activity, healthy diet and health?
12. What is the current status of physical inactivity among Filipinos?
13. What are recommended guidelines for physical activity?
14. What actions can be done to promote healthy diets at various levels?
15. How do we encourage physical activity in various settings?
16. What are strategies to promote physical activity and healthy diet?
17. What are policies and programs that promote a healthy diet and physical activity
18. What are ways to celebrate 2019 Nutrition Month?
Presidential Decree 491 in 1974 declared that Nutrition Month shall be held every July to create greater awareness on the importance of nutrition among Filipinos. The law mandates the National Nutrition Council (NNC) to coordinate and lead the nationwide campaign.
The theme for this year’s Nutrition month is “Kumain nang wasto at maging aktibo… push natin ‘to!”
The theme encourages everyone to advocate and realize the consumption of healthy diets, increased physical activity, and reduced sedentary behavior. Pushing the advocacy means that each and everyone can contribute to better nutrition and physical activity for better health.
The Nutrition Month logo for the theme shows the balance that needs to be achieved through a healthy diet as symbolized by the leaf of a vegetable and physical activity by moving figures of people.